Monday, June 25, 2012

Exercise and school meetings

My son's school had their grade 8 graduation ceremony this morning. So the whole school walks at least 7 blocks up to St Michael's Catholic Cathedral and then they walk back again - that's 14 city blocks total.

I was at the school waiting with my sons lunch when they got back. We did his finger poke and his BG was 4.4 mmol/L. Now that's the lowest I have seen it, but its not outside the target area (which is 4 to 10 mmol/L). But considering just how far he had walked, it is not surprising that his blood sugar was low.

He asked if he can have the juice - which I had also packed in his bag just in case.
"Only if you feel shakey" I said.

Since I still have not been able to speak to the teachers, I don't have any emergency supplies at the school yet. And because my son doesn't have permission to "prick himself" I have to come in and do it (or at least supervise him doing it) at lunch times. But there is a meeting set up for Wednesday 27th. 

I will let you know how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment